--- email @ redacted wrote:
> I don't know where people get the idea that I wasn't
> testing.....geez!  I
> probably test more than 15x a day EVERY SINGLE DAY!
I'm sorry if you thought I was implying you weren't
testing. I think I even said as much in my response.
It just got me thinking about people who don't and
aren't encouraged to test. Like my Type II
grandmother, whose breezy doc mentioned that she
shouldn't eat potatoes b/c of their high sugar
content, but never asks her what she keeps in her
freezer (boxes and boxes of frozen doughnuts and
biscuits). And he tells her to test 4x /day, which I
think sort of discourages her from testing any more
than that. And she's a little too old and senile to be
responsible for her diabetes education. I just think
it's so important for those of us who can educate
ourselves do so. Your post made that well up in me,
and I'm really sorry if I made it sound personal. Not
knowing you, I would never be so presumptious as to
make judgements about you, especially after a trip to
the ER!

Do You Yahoo!?