[IP] Soliciting IP members

Dear Listmates:

On June 25, Kyle Skinner wrote announcing that he was starting a
not-for-profit organization to provide supplies to elderly people who could
not afford them and asked for contributions of supplies and/or money.

While Mr. Skinner's intentions may be good, Insulin Pumpers is unaware of the
legal standing and/or non-profit status of his organization. We urge any
member to be aware of these issues when making any donation to this or any
other organization.

This is also a good time to tell you that it's a violation of the Insulin
Pumpers charter to solicit donations from members for other causes. This list
is only to be used as a means of personal communication among its members.
While you will see solicitations for money from Michael, Insulin Pumpers is a
registered not-for-profit organization. Our charter allows Michael to raise
money to keep this group afloat.

Insulin Pumpers is organized under California Nonprofit Public Benefit
Corporation Law exclusively for charitable and educational purposes and is a
tax-exempt publicly supported organization as described under Sections
501(c)(3) and 509(a) of the Internal Revenue Code.

Jan Chait
one of the volunteer Insulin Pumpers administrators