[IP] Re: bent needles

Catherine-
Hello! I use a bent needle with my Disetronic fairly regularly.  I have
trouble with the insertion of the tenders so my husband puts those in for me
however, when it needs to be changed and he's not around I always use the
bent needle.  I'll tell you that the upper buttock area for me does NOT
work.  I have little to no absortion for about 1/2 a day and then it seems
to start working somewhat.  I just have found that I cannot use that area of
the body with good control.  This causes a problem for me because I have
limited myself to my sites and I get concerned with that for the future.
But, I just have to deal with that.  I know your frustration with being a
scientific expieriment!  I have to agree with you on that!  I sometimes wake
up with a 400 and there's no explanation for it what so ever.  I've ruled
out every possiblity there is.  So, I guess for me I just have to get it
back under control and move on, otherwise I would DRIVE MYSELF CRAZY.  I
have enough other things that do that to me in my life.  I hope this helps!
Do you have problems with the bent needle?  Have you tried the other sets?
I love them.  They are way more comfortable to wear.  The needle sometimes
hits a nerve or something and gives me discomfort.  Again, I hope this
helps.
Laurie Davis
27 y.o DX 12-23-91
Disetronic Htron V100

So I tried the bent needle in my upper buttock for the
first time. I was so close to ripping the thing off and winging it out the
window (I think I heard there are laws against that here in
NYC), but I just had to breathe and take a step back
and regard it as a scientific process with me as the
subject.
, but is there anyone out there actually using the bent needle regularly?
Thanks! Catherine