Re: [IP] Contact lens measures glucose & CURE?

>  > Is it just me being obtuse, or is anyone sick of hearing about
>  > all the alternatives do diabetis. All I want is the CURE.
> Well Yes. That is a good point. On the other hand though I firmly believe
> there has never been a better time to be diabetic - with better care,
> better expectations, better life expectancy, better knowledge, better
> options and  better lifestyles - Than Our predecessors ever had.

This kind of reminds me of the teenager who wrote to our local newspaper all
bent out of shape about those using animals for testing. I replied with how
fortunate I am to have my life because of the dogs Banting and Best used to
discover insulin. I said something that if this person knew anyone in her
family who takes insulin should be happy about it or they wouldn't (probably)
be alive.

A *researcher* lambasted me that they could have found another way instead
using some unfortunate dogs - which was completely unnecessary. However, it
wasn't done, and without that *discovery* perhaps we wouldn't have Humalog
today. I'm still glad those *unfortunate* dogs gave their lives so I could
live - and it's been over 50 years now. NPH was released the year I was dx'd.
I used it for 33 years which I mixed with Regular.

My summation: while they are working on a cure - which MAY not be possible -
ever, I'm glad they are making life a bit easier and more tolerable. YMMV

Rejection of the truth is man's deception of his intellect.