Re: Re: [IP] COULD THIS BE POSSIBLE???

Another factor in all of this seems to be reluctance
to do multiple BG testing. Not to imply that Gina
doesn't test often, But I have noticed many doctors
asking me if I test 4 times a day. They always raise
their eyebrows when I tell them I test at least twice
that every day. I have an irregular lifestyle as a
professional musician and I do unexpected things every
day that I don't know how my BG will be affected (eg.
Wake up early, late, lug equipment, travel, jog). I
don't want to go to the emergency room just because a
doctor or the insurance company convinces me to test
less. I think it's important to know where your BGs
are 2 hours after a meal, even if you don't act on it
or try to correct it. Anyway, my point is if docs
encouraged rather than discouraged people to do
multiple testing, I think there would be MUCH fewer
trips to the ER. When I exercise, sometimes I test
every half hour for a while to see where I'm going.
Good luck Gina, and I hope you're OK
Catherine