[IP] Protein and blood glucose

I just want to reiterate, primarily because of another pumper who seems to
desperately be trying to misinform you all, that protein when eaten is NOT
absorbed at metabolized in the body as glucose.  It is absorbed and
metabolized as amino acids.  When I consult a diabetic, and when I myself eat
meat without the presence of carbohydrates of any kind, I do not bolus any
insulin coverage.  The only macronutrient that is metabolized as glucose is
carbohydrates.  THIS is why we teach and learn carbohydrate counting, and not
carbohydrate, protein, and fat counting.  Do not be mislead on this!

Diabetic since 1990, pumper for 3 years