Re: [IP] Re: Feelings???

> <<  Am I imagining it or when I do a large bolus am I feeling the insulin
> going
> in??? And what about tenderness at infusion sites.  I have only been doing
> this 2 weeks but have had to change sites because of tenderness and
> redness.

When I give a large bolus, I too sometimes feel the insulin being delivered.
This seems to happen when my set is inserted in my hip, not when it's
inserted in my stomach.  Whenever I need to bolus a larger amount of insulin,
I use the square wave feature over a 30 minute time frame.  I do this mostly
so that I am not getting a huge amount of insulin at once and have my blodd
sugars drop rapidly, but it also helps with the discomfort I feel when the
insulin is being infused into me!

Kelly -- diagnosed 1973, pumping since 1994