Re: [IP] did anyone start on???

In a message dated 6/26/01 1:13:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> .  I was totally ignorant of diabetes at the time and pills sounded OK.
>   I was already taking pills for other health issues.  I followed the diet
> and exercise program religiously because I desperately wanted to get rid of
> the symptoms I was having.  None of this worked one bit and he put me on
> insulin after one week.  A couple of years later when some of the newer
> insulin enhancing drugs became available, my endo thought he'd try me on
> pills again.  He didn't feel I was using enough insulin to be considered
I started with pills, exercise and diet.  This worked for a few years.  As my
bg began to climb despite the pills, my endo wanted to start me on what was a
new drug then glucophage(not sure of spelling).  I already was seeing a
nephrologist for a kidney problem unrelated to diabetes.  My nephrologist
said NO.  He felt that insulin was natural to the body and was much safer for
the kidneys.