Re: [IP] Heredity increasing odds of DM

I don't think anyone knows the connection for sure.

My sister and I have Type I.  My sister now has a 21 yr. old without
diabetes. Neither of our parents have it.  No one on my mom's side has it.
One of my dad's sisters has it and 2 of her 3 children have it. One of those
has a child - No diabetes.  My dad's other sister - none of her kids have it
but she has 1 grandchild with it.  Who knows how to trace who will get it and
when.  Hope your baby is lucky and doesn't get it.