At 12:42 AM 6/26/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Okay, I went to the pool today for the first time since pumping and of course
>spent my day basting in the lovely hot sun...LOL  The problem is, it didn't
>feel hot to me...AT ALL!  All the adults were jumping in the water like every
>1/2 hour or so to cool off and/or using a squirt bottle to cool off while I
>just lay there watching them thinking "What the heck are they doing?  It's
>not even that hot out here today!"
>Well, it was 89 degrees with NO clouds whatsoever and no breeze!  My question
>is:  Does anyone think that neuropathy could affect the feeling of the hot
>sun on the skin?

Well I am sure neuropathy can effect damn near anything, but come on Gina
diabetes is not the cause of all our abnormalities.  I know some doctors
like to imply that, but give me a break, we are human beings just like the
rest of the world and get other problems that have absolutely NOTHING to do
with diabetes.

I live in AZ and it has been in the 100's for a while now.  I am still
wearing one pair of socks.  In the winters I wear about 3 - 4.  I am always
freezing.  I can lay out in this weather and be just fine, not feel a
thing.  I wear ear muffs and jackets nearly all year around.  I've been
like this my entire life, granted I've also been diabetic most of my life,
but I do not believe it is due to the diabetes.  I think this is something
I inherited from dear ol dad.  It's just me, not my diabetes.

>I do have severe peripheral neuropathy and moderate
>autonomic neuropathy as determined by the Anscore test.

So do I and probably many others.  But oh well.

>BTW, I also ended up in the ER tonight I'm assuming as a result of the
>exercise of swimming?!?!?  What fun....in the sun!  LOL

I really don't think that is funny.  If you are having that many visit to
the ER due to lows, then I think you have problems, like way to many lows
and maybe basels need adjusting or carb ratio.

Type E 38 years, maybe 8 calls to the paramedics for lows, no ER visits for
lows, no hospital stays due to diabetes.