Re: [IP] Fwd: Post-exercise blood sugars

In a message dated 6/25/01 1:07:06 PM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> My daughter is always elevated for an hour or so after a soccer game. We just
> wait, then bolus to correct. I am afraid to bolus right after the game
> because I
> know the exercise will catch up and she will drop on her own.

Interesting!  I wound up in the ER today as a result of swimming just a
little bit earlier.  I did NOT bolus during swimming and waited until I got
home at which time I bolused 2 units because I was at 200 (1:50)....
Unfortunately, the low just "swam" up on me while I was at the laundomat and
had to have the paramedics called for me!  How embarrassing......once again!
Oh well.....  But anyway, how long do you wait to bolus, especially for
something like swimming where it's a low-intensity workout on the majority,
if not all of your muscles?