Re:[IP] Minimed Sport Guard is it worth $49?

I got my sport Guard for a trip to an amusement park.  I got mine for
free but I had some problems with it.  The place where the tubing sits
got kinked and at this amusement park I ended up with a BG of 26.9,  It
was horrible.  For the rest of the day when I went on any water rides I
disconnected and left it burried in a back pack at the ride operators.  I
told them that it was important taht they watched it and they had no
problem with it.  Personally I do not hink that it is worth 45$ and for
me I am glad that I got it for free because I will probably never use it
again.  I personally can't wait for the paradigm to be approved in Canada

>From: "Heather"<email @ redacted> >Reply-To: email @ redacted
>To:<email @ redacted> >CC:<email @ redacted> >Subject: Re:[IP]
Minimed Sport Guard is it worth $49? >Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 15:40:48
-0400 > > Denise wrote... >"I have a 508 and am debating what to do with
my pump when I bring my kids >to the pool. > I thought I would just
disconnect but with the discussions about >stolen pumps it makes me a bit
nervous. Is the Sport Guard worth the $49 >that Mini Med is charging? (It
is not covered by insurance.) Is there >somewhere cheaper to buy them? By
next summer I should have my Paradigm and >this won't be an issue. "
a DONATION http://www.Insulin-Pumpers.org/donate.shtml