[IP] itchy skin during exercise

Hi All,
Has anyone else experienced itchy skin during exercise?  Occasionally when
I'm walking the skin on my legs starts to get itchy - really itchy.  It
turns red and blotchy, and is irritating enough that I have to stop to
scratch.  It usually starts about 10-30 minutes into a long walk, and I can
usually walk it off in 10-15 minutes or so if I can ignore it.  It's been
happening to me on and off for about 10 years.  I haven't seen any trend in
bg's that might be related, and it's definitely not the dry, itchy skin
symptom of a high.  I'm concerned that it's a circulatory or nerve thing.  I
have been diabetic for 27 years, not overweight, fit, minimal complications,
good HbA1C.
Thanks very much,