[IP] changing basals

We were struggling with persistent highs with Nora, and were checking all
the usual suspects (old insulin, site going bad, replacing tubing, etc.)  We
had been relying exclusively on her hiney, below the waistline for infusion
sites, and it was beginning to look pretty beat up.

Just as I was about to do the BIG upward basal adjustment, I decided to give
her hiney a rest and put a site in her love handle area (never used before.)
  Low and behold, no need for the BIG basal increase.  Did a profile and
only very minor tweaking was required.  Live and learn.  BTW, Nora has been
pumping since November.

Moral of the story?  Rotate, rotate, rotate (and test the basals from time
to time!)

Sally, mom to Nora, 7, R1000 11/00