 > Are the Minimed ones really super-charged?

My last 7 battery changes have all lasted between 26 and 28 days (remote
activated but seldom used, vibrate not used, 45-55 u/day). Of those, 6 sets
were MM batteries and one set was from Radio Shack. So my experience has
been - no detectable difference.

You may have gotten an old set - Unfortunately, I do not know how to test
to prevent that from happening in the future.