Re: [IP] Low Insulin Alarm?

I am using a MM 508 and I get a low insulin alarm at 20 units.  It is
very convenient although annoying at 2:00am.

Amanda

>From: Earl and Kay Guy<email @ redacted> >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IP] Low
Insulin Alarm? >Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 10:06:19 -0700 > >My daughter's
Animas gives a low insulin alarm at 20 units. It is very convenient.
>Usually if we are shopping or at a restaurant close to home, we don't
bring >extra insulin, cartridges etc. The alarm can be turned off ,
although >she can >still bolus, and we can easily get home and take care
of the insulin in >plenty of >time. > >Kay > >Monterey Counseling Center
wrote: > > > Someone mentioned their pump, not a mimined, gives them a 20
unit low insulin > > alarm. My daughter > > uses a minimed and I don't
think we have that perk. We get caught off guard > > often, then get a
"no > > delivery". I also don't like it when she goes high because when
the reservoir > > is low delivery doesn't > > seem as efficient even
though there is still some insulin left. I wonder if > > the new 508 will
have the > > "low insulin" alarm? Holly > >