Re: [IP] Re: Short duration exercise

After experimenting with different temp. basal rates, my endo suggested a
winner.  They first had me decreasing my basal rate by 50% half hour
before exercise and going until half hour after exercise.  That didn't
work because then I had to start the exercise right on time and what if I
get detained.  (I do my exercises right here at the house.)  Then he said
to just decrease it right when I start the exercise.  I was still having
lows after the exercise.  I found that my blood sugar would drop about 80
mg with the 30 minutes of exercise I do.

The winner is: right before I start the exercise I do a temp. basal rate
of 0.0 for 2 hours.  During the 30 minutes I work out, I drink some
gatorade (14 g carb).  I'm no longer having post exercise lows.  Before I
started drinking the gatorade, I would be eating candy after the
exercise.  Usually I'd eat about 14-15 g of carb in candy.  I guess now,
I'm getting the same amount of carb and I'm preventing low blood sugars.

All this to illustrate the fact that YMMV.  (I guess my mileage does
vary.)

Janet