Re: [IP] Barbara,mom of claire

Our pump training was very simple. My daughter went on an Animas last December.
The trainer and a CDE came to our home, taught what she need to teach, and left
after about 2 hours. Jenny, 12, learned everything well has been independent on
all pump procedures since. I do need to remind her to bolus and I make the
decision about changing basal rates.

It's great. Our only problem is that is is afraid to try sites besides her lower
abdomen. She had a crisis this week when she could no longer find a good place
for insertion. When I told her I would have to do a shot every four hours
because I didn't know how much N to give her, she found a site quickly.

Good luck.

Kay