[IP] Tape that will not stick/Help

--- insulin-pumpers-digest <email @ redacted> wrote:

> insulin-pumpers-digest     Saturday, June 23 2001
> Volume 05 : Number 236

> This issue of the digest contains:
> [IP] Re: dinner bolusing
> Re: [IP] Diabetes and wrist pain?
> [IP] Re: Tegaderm Hp and Optisite?
> [IP] Re: Site Rotation
> Re: [IP] Paradigm New I Bet Nobody Knew!!
> [IP] Re: Profile of Howard Rosenbloom
> <email @ redacted>
> Re: [IP] Low Insulin Alarm?
> Re: [IP] Re: Tegaderm Hp and Optisite?
> [IP] Re: site rotation
> [IP] Re: Low Insulin Alarm?
> [IP] Update on Fun and games with Disetronic
> Re: [IP] Re: Low Insulin Alarm?
> [IP] Vermont Pumpers-OFF Topic
> [IP] Re: glargine
> Re: [IP] Pretzels
> [IP] carb, protein, and fat
> [IP] Doctor search
> [IP] Microalbumin
> [IP] TENNCARE
> [IP] ketone sensitive?
> Re: [IP] Microalbumin
> Re: [IP] Pretzels
> [IP] re: ketone sensitive-YES
> Profile of Tina Snyder <email @ redacted>
> Profile of Beverley LENGERT <email @ redacted>
> [IP] donating extra diabetic supplies
> Re: [IP] temporary basals and exercising
> Re: [IP] Re: site rotation
> Re: [IP] RE: Complications - am I at risk? Profile of W.
> Astor <email @ redacted
> Re: [IP] Low Insulin Alarm?
> Re: [IP] donating extra diabetic supplies
> Re: [IP] Re: site rotation
> Re: [IP] Doctor search
> [IP] low insulin alarm
> Profile of Kathy Devlin <email @ redacted>
> [IP] first quickset
> [IP] A-35
> Re: [IP] first quickset
> Re: [IP] first quickset
> [IP] quick-sets
> [IP] site rotation
> Re: [IP] ketone sensitive?
> Re: [IP] donating extra diabetic supplies
> Re: [IP] first quickset

> Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 23:42:21 EDT
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Re: dinner bolusing
>
> In a message dated 6/22/01 10:18:17 AM Central Daylight
> Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
>

> > What I've been doind is just covering for the
> > appetizer and bolusing seperately for the meal. What
> > do you seasoned pumpers do?
> > Thanks,
> > Catherine
>
> I don't know how seasoned I am (I'm at the 10 month mark
> with pumping) but I
> know bolus for 1/2 my meal before and 1/2 after.
> I was waiting to bolus after but was having to many highs
> from waiting too
> long or down right forgetting.  This way I have some
> insulin working when the
> food hits and I still don't have to eat everything if I
> don't want to.
>
> Faith and ??
> type 1 diagnosed 9-81
> started pumping 8-21-2000
> assimilated by the d-tron 03-07-01
> [...]
=== message truncated ===
Hello everyone, I need help. I am having to change my
infusion set almost daily because the tape will not stick
to me for more than a day or so. I am so frustrated! I am
swearing right now that I am NOT going to put the pump back
on. I just changed sites last nite and less than twenty
four hours later the tape has completely lifted. I live in
Texas and yes, it is very hot and I love to be outside. I
am using the IV prep sticky pad and the tape that comes
with the infusion set (MM508). I make sure my skin is clean
and dry before inserting the set. Don't know what else to
do. I am not willing to stay inside just so I can wear an
insulin pump. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks. MJW

=====
*Happiness is not a station in which you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.*