Re: [IP] Re: Low Insulin Alarm?

Brad wrote:
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 06:44:55 EDT
From: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: Low Insulin Alarm?

The D-tron pump AUTOMATICALY measures the amount of insulin you drop
dosent matter if its the full 300 unitsin the Lilly prefilled which I get
from my local pharmacy or if you fill an empty with just enough for the
from your regular vial. Then when   it hits 20 units it gives a low alarm
a picture of a near empty vial shows on the screen until I drop in a new
prefilled If I forget to fill ,it tells me its empty shuts down and
alarms At
this point I missed 0 insulin if I refill right away..This only happens
life gets way too busy. Happened the other day in car and I just popped
open dropped in another prefill and went on my way.

I love D-tron Don and putting people on it, I cant believe they pay me to

Brad, please elaborate.  I believe the only option with the d-tron is to
use fully filled cartridges, and there is no way to see how much is
remaining in the cartridge.  The "low cartridge" warning can be set for
any amount between 0 and 20 units.  Are you saying if to remove a
cartrige from the pump when it is half used, the low warning will alarm
at the correct time?  How would you do this with regard to moving the
piston to the correct position?  It sounds like you are a trainer, so I
would think you know what you're talking about, there is no mention of
this in the manuals.  And speaking of the "empty cartridge" warning, I
had one when I didn't have an extra cartridge with me, and I acknowledged
the alarm and got several more units out of it (according to the TDD).  I
did not get an occlusion alarm.  Has anyone else experienced this?  It
seems that empty is not really empty! .