[IP] Re: The NEWS

Fellow Insulin Pumpers,
  Without sounding too much like I'm bragging,I'll
 try to get over and said with.I'm not bragging,I just
 wanted to share the good news...namely that the
 American Diabetes Association recently published my
 Reflections article," The gift of Sight," in their
 Diabetes Forecast Augest 2001 issue.I got my issue
  Thursday,and I'm sure within the next week they'll
 get around to wherever.I'd submitted it way back in
 March,it got accepted in April,was edited in May,so
 its been a long 3 months waiting for it too actually
 come out.To those of you who read the story,I hope
 you enjoy it and that it reflects some of the common
 truths/fears that those of us with diabetes all go
 through.My one dissapointment in the way the ADA
 printed it was that they cut out the reference to my
 being a pumper.(this was edited in May,so I'd been
 pumping about a week when I included the byline)and
 didn't reconsult with me before printing it!Which
 majorly bugged me,because pumping has alot to do
 with  gaining control.I was trying till I was blue
in the face before I was pumping,but wasn't getting
very far.With pumping,you barely have to try.So  if it
 sounded like I was an "enlightened" diabetic,I was
 attitude wise but nothing else was!Not much I can do
 about the way they edited it now,so I hope ya'll can
 read my article and enjoy!
             Dx'd 12/10/98
             Pumping 4/23/01

Do You Yahoo!?