Hi Southpaw:

I am so sorry about your job.....hang in there.  and by all means
enroll in COBRA.  Unless you get an job before your current
insurance is cut off, it will be considered a break in insurance and
you will have to comply with a pre-existing insurance clause for
about 90 -120 days depending on insurance.

I just lost my job due to the plant closing.  I'm wondering if anyone
Tenncare, and if so, is it the same as regular insurance?  I have to
whether to try to keep my insurance thru COBRA.<<<<SNIP

Insurance companies are very tricky and when I changed jobs, one
ended insurance on Friday at midnight, but I was not covered til
Monday and I was almost denied continual coverage because it
was classified as a break in coverage.  Fortunately the new
company set my policy start back to Friday.  So, yes, get COBRA
and keep it till your next job.  I know it will hurt, but you gotta take
the short term pain for the long term gain.  Good luck and keep us
Bonnie Richardson
Huntsville, AL