Re:[IP] temporary basals and exercising

   The effect of insulin on every person is different, so you will have
to see what works for you.  For myself; if the exercise is intense and
lasts for more than a half hour, I will decrease an hour to one and one
half hours before exercise at about a 50% decrease.  For workouts that
last for more than one hour and are of lower intensity, like marathon
training; I will adjust two hours before exercise at about a 33%
decrease.  Your blood sugar levels a few hours before exercise will have
an effect on the length and amount of the basal change as well.  Keep a
log book, tracking carbs, exercise, basals and bolus doses to help you
see the trends quickly.