[IP] Highs after overeating

I find that when I overeat (i.e., nosh on 4 bowls of cereal, etc.) and reach
some sort of high carboyhydrate level, the 'appropriate' amount of insulin no
longer works.  I did this last night, took my bolus plus a unit or so, and
was 346 at 5am.  Does this happen to other people!  I realize that eating 4
bowls of cereal before bed is not advisable.  However... does anyone have any
'rules of thumb' that work for them regarding eating a large amount of carb?
(Ironically, there was no fat in the 'meal'.)

(As I am no longer on the 'regular' mailing list, but only on browser, if you
could reply to me directly and I'll forward to the general mailbox, I'd
appreciate it.)