Re: [IP] ketone sensitive?

email @ redacted writes:

<< Jeez Matt gets ketones so easily it seems.........he just woke with
 them...moderate......damn.......anyone else get them easily??? What i mean by
 easily is within five hours...... >>

Well Mag I feel better!  My big thrill this week was a getting a Precision
Xtra meter that checks for ketones in the blood.  Now we can check at night
without waking John (7) and at public places without the apparently "total
humiliation" which he experienced when I sent him with a strip to a public

I think most of our ketone problems are solved for a while (I hope, I hope).
After talking over our numbers with our CDE we increased his basal rates
around the clock by about a third.   This change in insulin need only took
three weeks.  End of the honeymoon (15 months since diagnosis) or growth
spurt?  Has anyone with children experienced this swift need to adjust doses?

Mom of John,7, MM508 since 3-30-01, diagnosed 3-20-00