[IP] Re: glargine

I am not a pumper but plan to be at some point.  For the last 6 or seven
years I have been on Lente at bedtime and humalog (Regular before Humalog)
for meals.  I just changed to Glargine.  At this point, I have found no
appreciable difference between Lente and Glargine (except for the price.
About $60 dollar a bottle,not yet covered).
Although when I went from NPH to Lente I did.

I will say I got a tremendous amount of freedom when I went from NPH at
bedtime and the morning and Regular at Breakfast and Dinner  to the Lente
only at night. (Ita carries me through the next day.)  If you're onsidering
this type of routine for her son should consider it, if the pump is not an
option yet.  It meant a lot less lunch time lows for me and more freedom of
when i can eat.