[IP] switching pumps

If you can prove to your insurance company that a certain feature(s) on the
animas pump will help your diabetes a great deal as compared to the pump you
have, the insurance company should consider a new pump for you.  For me that
factor is the .05 basal rate and also the fact that the basals can be set at
.05, .10, .15, etc.  I have almost all of my rates set at the mid-points
that the Animas makes available so that made their pump the one I decided I
wanted. I am very sensitive to insulin and just the 1/2 point up and/or down
makes me go high or low, etc.   Animas was not in my insurance contract at
the time I got my pump, but Animas worked with my insurance company for me
so I could get their pump.
Good luck!