[IP] Re: Insurance approval

Michael wrote:
> It took 1 1/2 years to get the insurance
> company to pay for my daughter's first pump 7 years ago -- that was
> AFTER she received it. When it finally croaked, the replacement was
> on our doorstep and approved within 2 weeks. The pump was about 4
> years old -- 2 1/2 years after the end of the previous insurance
> argument. That's a big - quick - change for an insurer.

My first pump so long ago took the insurance company 6 weeks of deliberation
whether or not they wanted to do this. I was the first request. It was
approved PUMP only - no batteries, tubing, infusion sets, reservoirs, no
nothing other than the pump. Well, when CPI/Lilly sent it, those first
supplies were included and covered. By the time I needed additional supplies
the employer had a new insurance carrier. I submitted the charges and they
were paid. I didn't tell them of the other ins. co's decision. (~_^)

If Wal-Mart is lowering prices every day, how
come nothing in the store is free yet?