[IP] Lack of Accountability - was Malpractice(Long)

It has been interesting to see the responses on the Malpractice thread, and
especially from the few
Courageous doctors that read and sometimes respond to this list.

HOWEVER;

Background:
Last November,2000 I started insulin - in the Doctor's office,
On the third shot - They gave me a dose of 80 units of NPH - then told be to
go to work(vs. the 8 they said they were giving).  They had used a TB needle
vs. an insulin needle. When I - not them - noticed the error - I returned to
The office - THE DOCTOR LOOKED AT THE NEEDLE AND THE INSULIN - and TOLD BE
TO GO BACK TO WORK - NOT A PROBLEM.  When I almost PASSED OUT in the Doc's
parking lot - the Doc offered to have
His RECEPTIONIST RIDE WITH ME TO THE ER- IF I wanted. Another doc in the
office took over and sent me
Code 3 to the ER - 48 hours later - still dropping to 40's with IV's etc. in
the Hospital.

That's the facts - now the HORROR STORY -

I filed a complaint with the State License Board - they investigated (a
whole two letters to the Doc's involved).
And this investigation took over 5 months.
Doc admitted error - but said to the board he has changed his ways.
The Board - DISSMISSED THE COMPLAINT -
In this state (Colorado) there is NO RIGHT OF APPEAL OR REVIEW on the
board's decision.
Lawyers(talked to over 15) would not take the case because there was NO LONG
TERM DAMAGE, and
THE BOARD HAD CLEARED THE DOC'S INVOLVED....

MD = LICENSE TO KILL - NO ACCOUNTABILITY - NOT EVEN AN I''M SORRY!!!!!

JMO.....

Sorry about the vent - but it is my ONLY recourse - unless I take the law
into my own hands.

Carl