[IP] temporary basals and exercising

I didn't realize that I should be setting my temp basals 1 - 2 hours before
working out.  I admit, I do not exercise regularly, nor do I pay close
enough attention to my bg patterns.  I am trying though!  When I asked about
exercising at my endo's office, the CDE told me to set it before I start the
exercise.  Never said to set it an hour before!

So, if I'm going to work out for 30 minutes, when should I set the temp
basal?  Should I continue to reduce it by half for the time before and
during my workout?

Thanks...   Heather