[IP] RE: Insulin Pumps

In a message dated 6/21/2001 4:03:36 PM Mountain
Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I am trying to decide which pump is preferrable for
> my 13 year old daughter, minimed, disetronic, or >
animas.  What do you like/dislike about your pump?
I think you'll find that people on this list love
whichever pump they're using, mainly because they all
deliver the main purpose:  insulin delivery without
MDI that allows people to have more flexible lives.
There have been recommendations before to contact each
pump company and make your decision based on the
features you want the most.

We've had a great experience with MiniMed since my son
went on the 508 in March 2001, but I'm guessing that
it would have been about the same with either of the
other companies.  Bottom line is:  my son loves his
pump, we've figured out the issues that came up thanks
to this list and his MiniMed CDE and the Pumping
Insulin book.  Luke's a little guy but the pump is
easier to use than a GameBoy, so it's not hard for him
to bolus or for us to program.

Good luck with whichever pump your daughter chooses!
The initial time is a period of learning, but it's
worth it.
Shelly V, Austin TX, mom to Luke 6, pumping 3/5/01
MM508 + QuickSets (which we recently received our
backorder on!)

Do You Yahoo!?