[IP] Pump during Surgery

Thanks everyone for all the information about wearing my pump during surgery.
The information helped so much - especially knowing the things I needed to
tell everyone and make sure they did or I didn't want done.  I made it just
I had surgery on my right shoulder on Monday and everything went very well.
One night in the hospital (my husband stayed in my room with me and monitored
my blood sugar), and I was able to do my own bolusing, even though my right
arm had a nerve block.  Everyone was very receptive and I had absolutely NO
problems.  A lot of the staff asked questions and my nurse in the orthopaedics
dept. said they had only had one patient come through there with a pump which
surprised me.  My Dr. even did a manipulation on my left shoulder during
surgery, so both shoulders are now sore.  I am glad he did it... as long as I
was under anesthesia.  He said he got a couple of pops (broken adhesions) out
of it.
One of my Dr.'s told me once "You have to beat your own drum, because no one
else is going to do it for you", and he is absolutely right.  It works for me
and I get things done!!