Re: [IP] Re: infusion set blues/dinner bolusing

Thanks so much for all the insightful responses to my
infusion set questions. I've heard some interesting
things already. I'm using the bent needle in my thigh,
as I'm too afraid to put in in my belly. It pinched in
my thigh as I jogged the other day, and at night if I
lay on it just right it hurts. Also, it pulls out a
little (as did the silhouette) and I just push it back
in, which irritates the site a little bit, but not too
bad. I'm going to try it in my upper buttock.

I'm wondering what people do at dinner when they have
an appetizer that requires a small bolus, but they
don't want to bolus yet for the whole meal. One of the
benefits of humalog is that you don't have to inject
until you see the food, which is optimal in case you
get less food than you expect, or less carbs in
general, or the main course doesn't come for an hour.
What I've been doind is just covering for the
appetizer and bolusing seperately for the meal. What
do you seasoned pumpers do?
Thanks,
Catherine