Re: [IP] Still high after last night's dinner

When I have highs that high I have become a bit resistant to insulin last
night I had chinease food and bolused 4.0 units within 2 hours my bs was
26.9 (ouch) I gave 6.0 units over 3 hours and by 4hours my sugar was

good Luck and hopefully it is not your site

>From: "Heather"<email @ redacted> >Reply-To: email @ redacted
>To:<email @ redacted> >Subject: [IP] Still high after last night's
dinner >Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 07:54:38 -0400 > >My husband and I went
out to dinner last night and my bgs have been high >ever since. I changed
my site before we left and put it in my thigh. I'm >hoping the highs
aren't because of the site because I don't want to change >it already!
I've used thigh sites before with no problems. Anyway, my bg >was great
all day, then we went for dinner. I had 1 lite beer, a salad with >blue
cheese dressing, lots of breaded zucchini, (my favorite!) about half a
>sweet potato, and a half rack of ribs covered in their special sauce.
Over >the course of the meal, I bolused 4 units. About 2 hours after
dinner my bg >was 225, so I took another 1.5 units since my correction
factor is 85. But >at 10:30, it had only dropped to 202. So I took 1 more
unit... Well, this >morning it was still high... 203!! I bolused 1 unit
and will check it in >about an hour. If it doesn't go down, I guess I'll
have to change the site. >:-( If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions,
please let me know. I was >wondering if something I ate is causing this
prolonged rise or what? > >Thanks for all input.... Heather