Re: [IP] Cabohydrates, Proteins, and Fats

In a message dated 6/21/01 9:11:04 PM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> Proteins are not carbohydrates (complex or simple).  Because
> nachos and cheese contain not only protein but also quite a bit of fat, the
> carbohydrates will not actually reach the blood stream as quickly as if you
> would eat a carbohydrate eaten alone.

Not per se they aren't carbs, but protein alone DOES convert into sugars....
at least in my case...LOL
If I eat fish, no butter, especially crab legs, about four hours later, I see
a HUGE rise in sugars (like clockwork)....
I actually wore the sensor to test out certain foods, and this was one of
them!  I had no fat in that meal, just lemon the the crab legs, a fat-free
salad and a plain potato.
I also tested pizza which does also have the delay, but I do believe that is,
yes, mainly from the fat slowing down the digestion, although the cheese is
protein too....so it's a double whammy....LOL
:O)   gina