Re: [IP] embarassing question

In a message dated 6/21/01 11:10:29 AM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> .  My friend has
> experienced what I'm going to call break-through bleeding (menses) when she
> goes high and has keytones. (NO she is NOT pregnant)

This happened to me once when I was sick and in dka.....but I also had a big
ol' purple tub filled with blood that contained old blood being pumped out of
my stomach!  Basically it was explained to me that the lining of the stomach
becomes irritated or ruptures or something from the acidity(?) and is almost
like internal bleeding.  Anyway, I also had some breakthrough bleeding at the
same time which was thought to be from this "phenomenon" also.....
I might have it a little confused and may be sounding stupid, but there is
definitely an explanation for this (I just might have NoXplaNaTioN for