re:[IP] Cartridges and remaining insulin

From: "Trish Ober" <<A HREF="mailto:email @ redacted">email @ redacted</A>>

<snip>My animas cartridge holds 300 units.  I only use 25 to 30 units per day
and change my site every 3 days.  Many times I using the same tubing twice.
But after two site changes I still have insulin left.  <snip>

Not being an animas pumper, I offer my opinion: you probably don't need to
fill the cartridge to full.  It is possible to half fill the cartridge with
MM 508. I suspect that you can do the same with your animas.  However, the
best source for that answer will be the experts, your medical team & the
animas users on the list.  Common sense says that you need to change
cartridge, tubing & site at the same time.

dx T2 '86, T1 '96, MM 508 since 5/15/01