[IP] embarassing question

HI list, this is Sylvia mom to Josh.  I have a question from a friend that I
need to mostly ask the ladies but the docs listen up too.  My friend has
experienced what I'm going to call break-through bleeding (menses) when she
goes high and has keytones. (NO she is NOT pregnant)  But it will only last
for a few hours or one day and then just stop again when KTs go away and her
BGs stabilize.  Anyone else experience something similar and you MDs, do you
have any experiences with patients having something similar?  Anything would
be appreciated.