Re: [IP] surgery

> Two surgeries ago I had a anesthesia
> student suggest I ask for "Zofran" to keep me from getting sick.  It is a
> drug they prescribe for chemo patients.

They inject the Zofran into your IV before you go in. Works like a charm!
For once I ws able to eat two hours after surgery! You have to alert the
anesthiasologist that you get nausea and they willgive it and take
precautions to prevent you from respirating on your own...ick! vomit during
surgery. The slightly sore throat from the airways worth it. I also was put
on Zofran for severe dehydrating nausea while pregnant. I'm conviced it's a
wonder-drug (not half as good as insulin tho:)