[IP] Nachos

The other night, my husband and I went out to dinner.  It was a very hot
night -(we live outside the Boston area) and decided to share some nachos
with melted cheese.  I figure nachos to be loaded with carbs and bolus 3
units to cover me for less than half the nachos.  Somehow at the end of the
meal, my sugar was at 32 and I couldn't understand why that had happened.  I
knew that it would go up later - so I lowered my basal for an hour and sure
enough -it progressively rose for the rest of the evening.  How could I have
handled this better - square or dual wave??  Thanks in advance.  Debby