Re: [IP] Death From A Diabetic Coma?

In a message dated 6/20/01 11:00:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> ?  Do your bg's go above 1000 or what?

     There have been a few times when we've all talked about high blood
sugars.  Some people can tolerate highs when others get very sick if it's
even over 400.  Myself, I can tolerate VERY high sugars and not even know it.
 The highest mine has been is in the 1200s.  Yes, I knew about that one, I
was vomiting and yes, eventually went into a 'coma'. I was out for an entire
day and don't remember anything.  Some people have gone higher than me, I've
seen someone on the list say something about a sugar in the 1800s. No, it
isn't good to let it get this bad, mine went up this high when I had
Bronchial-pneumonia.  I didn't realize how sick I was. Plus, I was only 12
and I heard that children tolerate high blood sugars better than adults do.
Hope this helped,