Re: [IP] HbA1C recommendations

When I think about the issue of glycemic control becoming more achievable
with the advent of home blood glucose monitoring, I started to reflect on the
concept of what was recommended to me about A1C values over the years.  I
know that for about the first 7 years I had diabetes, the clinic I attended
highly praised any person who had an A1C value below 10.  Over the years,
this has creeped downwards to the current desired level of 6.0-8.0 with less
than 7.0 ideal.  Personally, I doubt these lowered values would be as
frequently achieved as they are now if HBGM had not become available.