[IP] C-Peptide Test

I had to take a C-Peptide test to get Medicare to approve my pump supplies
last summer. This Spring I needed a new pump so we used the results from the
last test. This Morning I received a call from the supplier telling me I was
going to have to take this test again because my result was .5  and it must
be <.5. If they will pay for supplies at .5 why must it be <.5 to pay for a
new Pump? I know I should be grateful that I have someone to pay for it, but
this test makes me really sick! Does anyone else have trouble with this test?
Please let me know! What does this test, test for?
pumping since 1997