RE: [IP] Type 1 and DKA

I have had ketones prepump times with HBA1c = 9.2
My shots were Reg, Mixtard and Insulatard

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of
email @ redacted
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2001 8:55 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Type 1 and DKA

In a message dated 6/19/01 1:35:56 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> So, HBA1c = 13 is equivalent to Blood Sugar of 300 in average. You
> say no ketones? Fine! I want to believe you.

I can have a sugar of 500 with no ketones as long as I have insulin
circulating!  Now, if I had sugars like that on the pump, I'm sure I WOULD
have ketones!!  That A1c was prepump!  Also, even when I did have ketones, I
always felt fine....but it was very RARE that I would get them!!