Re: [IP] Type 1 and DKA

In a message dated 6/19/01 1:35:56 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> So, HBA1c = 13 is equivalent to Blood Sugar of 300 in average. You
> say no ketones? Fine! I want to believe you.

I can have a sugar of 500 with no ketones as long as I have insulin
circulating!  Now, if I had sugars like that on the pump, I'm sure I WOULD
have ketones!!  That A1c was prepump!  Also, even when I did have ketones, I
always felt fine....but it was very RARE that I would get them!!