Re: [IP] RE:Fast Take in Hot Weather

We live in New Mexico and we use the ultra one touch.  Lifescan just sent us
a new one along with a list of companies who sell packs to keep the meter
cool...we have had 2 days in the last two weeks that were under 100
degrees(three of them were 110 and it was on one of these days that our
meter misfunctioned)...it was completely messed up..Lifescan was nice enough
to overnight us a new meter though....

Vicki, mom to Ashley 10, Katie 6 dx'd 11/00(soon to be pumping!),
Alex 4.5, Korbin 2,
wife of Kelly

>From: "Jennifer Barrow" <email @ redacted>
>To: <email @ redacted>
>Subject: [IP] RE:Fast Take in Hot Weather
>Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 14:05:01 -0500
>
>	I called Life Scan and asked what the differencre between the Fast Take
>and
>the =
>	new Ultra was and they said the only difference was the fact that the =
>	Fast Take takes 15 seconds for a reading and an Ultra one touch takes 5 =
>	seconds. (There was one other difference, but for the life of me, I =
>	can't remember it. I just remember that it wasn't that important).
>The other difference is that the Ultra operates in a much greater
>temperature range.  I've had my Ultra for about 3 weeks, and have left it
>in
>the vehicle several times (in 95 degree weather), and it hasn't given me
>the
>H-- message yet.  I left it in the vehicle all afternoon last week with the
>windows up just to see if it would get too hot.  I went outside to test
>once
>or twice, and it didn't ever get too hot to test.  My FastTake gave me the
>H-- message all the time, even in 80 degree weather. amd I'd have to put it
>in front of the air conditioning vent to cool it off so I could check
>sugar.
>I love the Ultra for that reason first, and for the 5 second reading 2nd.
>It's just great.
>Jennifer

Vicki, mom to Ashley 10, Katie 6 dx'd 11/00(soon to be pumping!),
Alex 4.5, Korbin 2,
wife of Kelly
Rio Rancho, NM
List member since 01/01