[IP] Pizza and frozen yogurt

Strange  enough - I had my first hot fudge sundae since becoming diabetic
(frozen yogurt) with only slightly raised bs ~150 instead of 120. I tried
pizza a couple of times and wound up in the high 200's low 300's even after
correcting for the high bs. Basically I wound up taking 3 times as much
insulin as the carb's suggested and my bs came back to normal 6 hours later.
(60g Carb per 1 large slice). Maybe the carb's are way off or the glycemic
index or high fat??? I gave up on pizza. I tried this a couple of weeks
apart so no cold or flu or...... I guess this is one of those YMMV things!
Anybody eat pizza and keep their numbers normal?