[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #224

In a message dated 6/18/2001 10:16:35 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> : [IP] Feeling out of control!

I think that it is not very uncommon for a pregnant women with diabetes too
get depressed after the birth of a child.  My son will be 2 July23 and I
vividly remember the days of depression and inadiqucys that I felt.  I also
worried about being able to take care of him like I needed to because I was
always scared of how my diabetes was going to be that day.  High or Low who
knew?  On top of that I was nursing him which made matters even worse!  I was
so wrapped up in trying to figure out myself and my problems that it took me
a long while to fall in love with my son.  Don't  get me wrong I loved him
maternal instinct wise ( touch or hurt him and you die) but I just couldn't
fall in love with him.  I took several months for me to be able to overcome
everything but now I look back and wonder why I didn't ask for help.  He is
so smart and the universe of our lives!!  Hopefully the next time around I
will remeber my own words and ask for help if I need it.
Courtney dxd 2/94  pumping 3/98 MM507