Re: [IP] Diabetic and trying to conceive

I am regretful to say I am in the same boat.  I have been off the pill
for the last year, been to many doctors been through many tests and I am
still not pregnant.  I went on the pump only 4 weeks ago, control was
okay but a lot better now.  You have started properly.  Exercise, diet
good diabetes control and start taking prenatal vitamins.  Prenatal
vitamins should be started 6 months-1 year before you plan on
conceiving.  Sometimes good health is all it takes.  You are right in
being frustrated with teenagers conceiving after one encounter I am at
wits end.  If you want to write to me privately so we can exchange words
of encouragement my email is email @ redacted  Also have your husband
have a sperm analysis, a lot of doctors will not help you till a year
after starting trying but get a sperm analysis done as well as a full
physical for yourself so you know if you are dealing with any! problems.
Good luck.

>From: "Heather"<email @ redacted> >Reply-To: email @ redacted
>To:<email @ redacted> >Subject: [IP] Diabetic and trying to
conceive >Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 09:09:17 -0400 > >Hi all... I'm looking
for advice and/or words of encouragement on a diabetic >pregnancy. We are
hoping to conceive this summer, but it didn't happen in >June. That
leaves July and August. Our plan was to conceive this summer so >we would
have a baby next spring. I am a teacher and would like to have the >first
few months off with a newborn. I don't have enough sick days to take
>much time off if I would deliver during the school year. I worry about
>things going according to "plan" and how it would affect our finances if
I >had to take much time off work. And of course, I am very concerned
about my >health and having a healthy baby. Does it take a diabetic
longer to >conceive or doesn't that have anything to do with it? I've
been off birth >control since February, started pumping in March, and
have good control. My >last HbA1c was 5%. I am a bit disappointed that I
didn't get pregnant right >away. I mean, many teenagers end up pregnant
after just one encounter! I >would appreciate any advice, suggestions or
just words of encouragement. I'd >also like to hear about the experiences
of others. Feel free to email me >directly. > >Thanks in advance,
a DONATION http://www.Insulin-Pumpers.org/donate.shtml