[IP] Insurance

Faith Said: >>>>When I tried to individually cover my wedding
rings and my pump the people at
the insurance office refused to listen to me.  Told me just increase
the amt
of your coverage, we don't want to know what you are
covering!!<<<<<<<<<SNIP
This must be a YAWhen I tried to individually cover my wedding
rings and my pump the people at
the insurance office refused to listen to me.  Told me just increase
the amt
of your coverage, we don't want to know what you are covering!!

This must be YIMV (your insurance may vary) because my agent
says its covered like cameras, computers, etc.   To cover things
like my few pieces of antique jewelry, special antiques,  which are
considered old furniture unless specified as separate line item with
value), you need a jeweler to provide an appraisal, these items are
listed and  added to your policy as a "rider", for which you pay a
small additional fee.   This is from State Farm which I have had for
many years.  State Farm insists (well strongly encourages) you
either list all that you have, or video tape everything and lock the
video tape in a safe deposit box.   They want you to be able to
prove what you have in case of fire, theft, or such.   I am such a
good girl, I have always done just that, making a new video ever 5-
10 years (I just make it over the old one) and include anything in
storage.   You know how insurance is, you feel better giving these
folks a lot of money because you know if you don't you will lose it
all......Insurance - can't afford it, can't live without it.
Bonnie